Tales of the Abyss: Melodia, Prologue

Crossover: Ar Tonelico ~Melody of Elemia~
Tales of the Abyss: Melodia
Prologue ~Fermata~
Five years after the return of our leader from the Saviors of Auldrant, Luke fon Fabre, he led a quiet life as the Viscount of Baticul. Together with his dearest cousin, Princess Natalia Luzu, he arranged Kingdom of Kimlasca to the better. They even had fully removed the political wall with Malkuth, and made an eternal vow never to start another clash—always at peace.
However then, there were some people who disagree with the new way of the world led its future.
They are people who couldn’t let go of the Score, people who still bound their fate with the Score and would always try to ask the Order of Lorelei to foretell their future once again, despite the fact that both countries had prohibited any Score reading to happen. This cause much anger to them, and they wished to rebel against the country, creating an organization called ‘Score Restoration Organization’.
The organization was very successful in their hassle to persuade people to follow the Score once more, and they always came to Daath every single day, making quite havoc in the city. They were gaining in numbers as day passed, and had reached the proper number to create a small military force. Even the power of the Oracle Knights weren’t enough to pull them back.
This, obviously, made the royal forces worried. Hence, they decided to gather the Saviors of Auldrant once more in Daath, hoping they could make people understand, since they are the ones who suggested liberating people from a toxic called Score, which was brought down by Yulia Jue.
ND 2025. Daath, the Headquarter of the Order of Lorelei.
Today, the SRO people invaded Daath Cathedral once again, as usual trying to persuade the Order to open the gate for them, and allow them to have their Score reading again, just like years ago. However, they were surprised to see that they were no longer welcomed by spears and swords from the Oracle Knights. They could see six people waited for them in front of the Cathedral’s main entrance. They were none other than the Saviors of Auldrant.
Those people eyed the rebellious group patiently, as they made their way to the door.
“Were they the ones, Anise?” asked the redheaded Viscount, Luke.
The black haired Maestro, Anise, nodded firmly. “They are. Look, that guy in black is the one called as Rhett. He’s their leader, though they said that Rhett only representing their true leader,” she explained, pointing at the guy who led the party.
“Wow, they are many,” the blond swordsman, Guy, commented as he saw those people reached the last staircase and arrived before them.
Rhett stepped up. He bowed formally, as he noticed that two of them were Kimlasca Royal Family. “I offer you my best greetings, Viscount Luke and Princess Natalia,” he said politely. “It was an honor to see the Saviors of Auldrant here, as well. Let me introduce myself. I am Rhett Wilde, the Vice-Captain of Score Restoration Organization. It's nice to meet you.”
“It's nice to meet you too. I suppose we don’t need to introduce ourselves, because I’m sure you know us already. And, we don’t really need the formalities here,” the eye-glassed soldier, Jade, replied. “Shall we proceed to the main subject of our encounter here?”
“Very well,” the man clad in black nodded. “The problem is still the same: we want the Order to read the Score once again for us.”
Tear, the brunette with the Oracle’s uniform, stepped up, and confronted Rhett. “And our answer is still the same: we won’t let anyone get close to the Score, furthermore leading to another addiction to it.”
“Tear is right. We are supposed to lead a free life, bound not to the Score. Don’t you understand?” Princess Natalia added, twirled her golden flocks before folding her arms in front of her. “Why are you people demand to use the Score to rule your life once again? Do you not wish for freedom?”
The vice shook his head. “We do not wish that. Living without a Score is rather terrifying. We don’t know when we will die, and if it comes all so sudden, we won’t have time to prepare our mind, to calm ourselves. With the Score, we are able to know what will happen in our future.”
“But Score is indefinite,” Luke said. “That is merely one of many possibilities. We are free to choose what we want. We are not supposed to depend on the Score to determine our future, because we are FREE.”
“I see we once again meet no solution in this,” Rhett sighed. “We shall retreat, but we shall return once again tomorrow. Please think about it, because me and our Captain was determined that a life with the Score as our compass is a flawless life that lead to perfection.”
Bowing respectfully along with his men, Rhett turned around and left Daath, back to their home base. The seven Saviors let out a heavy sigh. They didn’t expect the group to be this stubborn.
“Well, it seems they won’t listen to our suggestions,” Guy noted, placed a hand on his hip. “But we can’t let them persist on reading the Score for their life’s compass, can we?”
“Of course not! We will betray Ion that way!” Anise harrumphed. “Oooooooh…I hate them! Why are they don’t want to understand!?”
“Calm down, Anise. We will think for a solution tonight. For now, let’s recuperate in our lodging,” Tear suggested kindly.
“I guess that’s the best thing to do right now,” agreed Jade, fixing his eyeglasses position.
Anise shrugged. She walked away, followed by Natalia, Guy, Jade, and then Tear. Luke stood still on his place, unflinching. His lover then turned around, noticing that he didn’t move even an inch. Approaching him once again, the brunette looked at him, concerned, and asked,
“Luke? Are you okay?”
The redheaded nodded. “I’m alright, it’s just…I was thinking about…something.”
“About something? What is it?” the Melodist interrogated.
“Well, you see…Score was made by Seventh Fonon, right? And Yulia Jue found it, established the Order of Lorelei so she could guided humanity to the unprecedented prosperity that the Score promised,” the Viscount paused for a moment before continued with serious tone. “Why she do that? If she read the Score and saw thousands of years into the future, then she supposed to know about this kind of event too, right? So why she still bring up the Score?”
Tear smiled. “I thought we had spoken about it earlier, Luke. It is because of you. You had the power or Lorelei—had the power to change the future that the Score foretells. Yulia didn’t saw this in the future she read.”
“Then…why Lorelei made a Score?” he looked up to the endless sky above them. He could saw fonons hovering very high on the sky. “He supposed to know…that when he create the Score from the first place, that I will be there to change the future. Why he still create it? Why he control a destiny, as to make me born in this world?”
“That is beyond me, I’m afraid.”
Luke sighed. He still couldn’t accept it. He wanted to know why. Why did all this happen? Why, even after all effort he put, the world still couldn’t let go of the Score? He couldn’t accept it. He wanted to know why. He wanted to!
Tear, seeing that his mind filled with unanswered questions, patted his shoulder lightly. “We shouldn’t ask why. The answer will come anytime. For now, let’s rest, because we have to deal with those people tomorrow.”
“…Right.”
At the same time, in an unknown, tall tower of nowhere.
Two beings floated near the edge of the layer, looked down toward Auldrant. One of them had his/her face covered with large helmet, and his white angelic armor helped his/her floating still as he/she watched the land below. Beside him/her was a being with long, shinning crimson hair and garbed in heavenly white and orange cloak. Both stayed still, unflinching, without any voices made. Then the armored one spoke,
“You see what you have done? You make much a mess.”
The cloaked one turned his head slightly. “I am not,” he objected softly.
“Then what you call it? A peaceful universe? I don’t think so.”
“Shurelia…please do not taunt me. I know what I have done. This is mine only problem. You shall not allow interfering, since this is my responsibility alone.”
The called Shurelia shook her head. “It was you who called me here in the first place, saying you need my opinion as to what to do next.”
“And I heed thou words, then now I hath find what I hath to do!” his voice rose.
“Then, tell me, how can you untie the tangled threads of fate? I would like to know.”
He hesitated slightly. He exhaled, slightly depressed of the current matter that going on his beloved world. To be blunt, he had a plan but couldn’t calculate the absolute end of it, which he hoped to be a good finish. He returned to watch Auldrant, when a bright idea came across his mind and finally adding the last touch in his plan. He smiled cheerily, made his comrade furrowed her eyebrows lightly.
“Do thou wist to know, Shurelia?”
“Then speak up,” Shurelia said.
“I shall descend to the world. I shall untie the threads myself, with my personal contact with it. I am the reason why everything is become kink as it is. So it is mine only responsibility to asunder.”
Her eyes widened as he said so. She gritted his teeth, calmed herself down. “You can’t do that! I’ve read thoroughly all regulations of the Elemental Spirits, and one of them said that a Spirits, more especially one that have straight connection to the world like you, not allowed to meddle with human’s affairs!” she shouted.
“I am fully aware of the regulations, and the consequence too. Yet I am ready to meet my punishment once I am done justify the wrongs I hath bestowed upon those mortals.”
A mirthful grin appeared on his lips as he stepped backwards toward the edge of the layers. Then, with one final step, he flung down to the world under them. Shurelia gasped and reached out her hand, tried to catch him into her grasp, but it was futile. He had fallen in quick speed; there is no way for him to return but by his own accord.
“Folly! Do not do that!” Shurelia screamed. “Return at once! You had disgraced the pride of Seven Fonons! Lorelei!”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scrapped: EC-8

Scrapped: Raijin no Keifu

Konstelasi: Sagittarius