Breaking Point
"I know it's not my place to say it, but it's painful."
The wind blew their face, making their long hair sways gently behind them. Still, their gazes are fixed on an indefinite point far ahead. The man didn't give her his response yet, so she continued.
"I know I am no longer a part of that world, but my heart still can feel; it's hurt."
A single tear rolls down on her pale cheek. It destroys her beautiful countenance.
Still, the man said nothing, so she took the initiative to go on.
"I know I can do things no longer to sway what happened there, and I hate myself for it.
"I hate my pride. I hate my kindness. I hate this feeling of love that still lingers in me even though I will be able to be with him no longer!"
At that, she finally breaks down. The tears just wouldn't stop falling out of her eyes. She covered her eyes, but it helped little from keeping the drops from staining her white silk dress.
He turned to look at her. To look at how those fragile shoulders, the same shoulders who used to carry the weight of a responsibility that worth of the universe, shook hard as she continued to cry. To look at the woman that he used to admire as the best figure head of her time now looked just like an ordinary woman.
An ordinary woman whose heart had been broken to pieces.
He inched closer and gathered her into his arms, trying to comfort her and allowed her to bury her face into his chest, ignoring the awkward wetness.
She needed her now.
And he would be all too willing to comply.
As he continued to stroke her hair gently in his attempt to sooth her, he, for the first time after the eternity, realized that Luce del Giglio Nero is, after all the miracles she had brought down to many during her short lifetime, a mere woman.
She had been stripped off her power, status, wealth, family, everything...
And now she's just a woman. Easy to hurt, easy to break.
From here, the place where both of them can clearly witness everything that their living friends do, she watched how the man that she loved forget her existence and moved on.
The man whom she loved now belonged to another woman.
And to think that I used to be so envious toward him for getting more than half of her attention.
He continued to stroke her silken hair. Her sobbings hadn't stop yet.
But he had to stop her. He couldn't bear to see her suffer.
She is his Sky, after all.
"Luce."
Sobs still clear in the air.
"Luce, listen..."
They are still there.
"... Luce, it might be hard and time-consuming, but you have to let it go. You can't stay like this. You have all the time needed to overcome this. Please... stop grieving."
He waited. He knew the sobs had finally lessened. He knew that she would be alright.
His Sky, though had been stripped off everything, is not one so weak-willed.
"I... I'm sorry for acting like that, Fon. And I'm sorry for wetting your shirt."
"It's quite alright."
She forced a smile. She couldn't immediately cheer up, both of them knew, but she tried to regain her composure. And that is a good step.
They fell silent after that, and directed their attention to where they could watch over their friends. Now and then, he would steal a glance at her. Not just to see whether she is alright for seeing what happened to her beloved, but also to admire her beauty.
He had something to say to her actually, but he knew he had to restrain it.
At least for the time being.
.
.
.
Good job for burning me up, follies.
The wind blew their face, making their long hair sways gently behind them. Still, their gazes are fixed on an indefinite point far ahead. The man didn't give her his response yet, so she continued.
"I know I am no longer a part of that world, but my heart still can feel; it's hurt."
A single tear rolls down on her pale cheek. It destroys her beautiful countenance.
Still, the man said nothing, so she took the initiative to go on.
"I know I can do things no longer to sway what happened there, and I hate myself for it.
"I hate my pride. I hate my kindness. I hate this feeling of love that still lingers in me even though I will be able to be with him no longer!"
At that, she finally breaks down. The tears just wouldn't stop falling out of her eyes. She covered her eyes, but it helped little from keeping the drops from staining her white silk dress.
He turned to look at her. To look at how those fragile shoulders, the same shoulders who used to carry the weight of a responsibility that worth of the universe, shook hard as she continued to cry. To look at the woman that he used to admire as the best figure head of her time now looked just like an ordinary woman.
An ordinary woman whose heart had been broken to pieces.
He inched closer and gathered her into his arms, trying to comfort her and allowed her to bury her face into his chest, ignoring the awkward wetness.
She needed her now.
And he would be all too willing to comply.
As he continued to stroke her hair gently in his attempt to sooth her, he, for the first time after the eternity, realized that Luce del Giglio Nero is, after all the miracles she had brought down to many during her short lifetime, a mere woman.
She had been stripped off her power, status, wealth, family, everything...
And now she's just a woman. Easy to hurt, easy to break.
From here, the place where both of them can clearly witness everything that their living friends do, she watched how the man that she loved forget her existence and moved on.
The man whom she loved now belonged to another woman.
And to think that I used to be so envious toward him for getting more than half of her attention.
He continued to stroke her silken hair. Her sobbings hadn't stop yet.
But he had to stop her. He couldn't bear to see her suffer.
She is his Sky, after all.
"Luce."
Sobs still clear in the air.
"Luce, listen..."
They are still there.
"... Luce, it might be hard and time-consuming, but you have to let it go. You can't stay like this. You have all the time needed to overcome this. Please... stop grieving."
He waited. He knew the sobs had finally lessened. He knew that she would be alright.
His Sky, though had been stripped off everything, is not one so weak-willed.
"I... I'm sorry for acting like that, Fon. And I'm sorry for wetting your shirt."
"It's quite alright."
She forced a smile. She couldn't immediately cheer up, both of them knew, but she tried to regain her composure. And that is a good step.
They fell silent after that, and directed their attention to where they could watch over their friends. Now and then, he would steal a glance at her. Not just to see whether she is alright for seeing what happened to her beloved, but also to admire her beauty.
He had something to say to her actually, but he knew he had to restrain it.
At least for the time being.
.
.
.
Good job for burning me up, follies.
Comments
Post a Comment