Fate, Chapter 8

An hour before the arisen of Randgriõr; The President’s Office: Capital City of Muse, Dunan Republic.

“Hmm…what a peaceful day,” muttered Lady Teresa as she signed the last document for today, “I wonder what Iris do at Falena…”

“Maybe a lot of fun,” Sir Klaus chuckled. He walked to the nearest opened window in the room and smiling solemnly at the clear blue sky, admiring the calmness. “I guess I must agree with you that it’s a peaceful day.”

“No, sir! You’re not allowed to meet the President if you had no appointment made earlier!”

“Shut up and get out of my way!”

The blonde lady sighed. “I guess it’s not peaceful anymore.”

The office’s door was opened rather harshly. A gentleman with similar face with Teresa entered in. Behind him, an officer of the parliament was following, wanted to scold the stranger. However, the President got up from her seat, gestured for the officer to come out of the room. That officer obeyed and closed the door. Klaus could hear the moan and grunt from the officer.

“My, my,” Teresa folded her arms as she approached the young man, “How you’ve grown past this…fifteen years?”

“Stop the idle banters and I’ll get to the point: Were you sent Iris to Falena?” asked the stranger. He tried his best not to get angry toward the lady.

The blonde president smiled, “Yes, I do.”

“Teresa!” that young man hissed, still managed to control his anger, “I left Iris in your care so she wouldn’t go to that place of her true nature!”

“Yes, I do know that. You telling me about that line five times when you left your daughter to me, at that day.”

“If you understand, then why you--”

“First of all, when you gave Iris to me, you also gave me all authorities to lead her for the best path of her future, and so here I am, chose her to return to her nature,” Teresa smirked, “You had no rights to say, dear Little Brother.”

“Of course I had! Even you if got more authorities, I AM her parent! Not you!”

“Oh?” a brown eyebrow raised, “A parent? So you still dare to call yourself as such after you give Iris to your sister’s care. And…poorly, it’s because she’s a child out of wedlock. You didn’t take responsibilities at your own sinful action and yet you left her to us. Have you no shame?”

“You stay out of this, Windamier!” the stranger shouted, “You two had no idea! You have failed my trust, Teresa…I trusted you with Iris because I thought you will be able to prevent her from her miserable fate!”

The blonde lady slammed the table behind her with her bare palm, “If you want to, why don’t you keep her by yourselves! You don’t know what kind of life that she walked through because her parents left her behind! You had no rights to scold me! You had no rights to refer yourself as her father! You--”

Teresa’s words were cut because a sudden earthquake was struck the whole city. No, it wasn’t the capital only. The whole earth was shaken. Teresa ducked to the floor, while the brother of hers grabbed her shoulder, protected her. Klaus kneeled down. The three stayed calm down and some seconds later, the earthquake was stopped.

“What an unusual earthquake,” Teresa muttered. She then noticed that the young man was grabbed her body. There was a slight blush on her cheeks before she pinched the creamy skin hand, “Let me go.”

The blonde man pouted and stood up. He turned around and walked to the door, before stopped by the President’s call.

“Where are you going?”

“I’ll go fetch her myself,” he replied, “It’s no use to argue with you. Her fate has rolled on, and I swear I’ll stop it.”

“No you can’t!” Klaus hissed as he stood up again, “If you come over there without any preparations, you will only make things more complicated. It is Harmonia they were fought over.”

The young man blinked and turned his head to face the Vice-President. “Harmonia? Was it the rune hunting again?”

“Most likely,” replied Teresa, “I received the letter from her partner yesterday and he said that they were currently aiding Falena at war with Harmonia. Iris had her own True Rune now and those Harmonians demanded to take it from her. So, knowing her, she would better to fight over her freedom rather than ran away somewhere like her father.”

“I had enough,” that brother grunted, “I don’t care if it would cost my life. I will obliterate those Harmonians with my Rune.”

“We had better plan, which will make you stay longer with Iris, and make you life longer with her,” Klaus interrupted, “We were planning to aid them by providing army and my intelligence. In other words, I’ll go to Falena and help that daughter of yours.”

The young man blinked again. The blonde president smirked. “How if you trying to disguise yourself as one of our officers, my dear Little Brother?” she offered kindly, “I had prepared if something like this happen, and here you are, doing exact same thing like what I would imagine you do.”

“Okay,” that blonde man nodded, “I’ll do everything to help Iris…everything. Even it’s meant to hide my identity.”

“Good,” Teresa nodded, her face showed this expression of satisfied. “Now, I shall refer to you as…Argent. Sir Argent, I assign you to accompany Sir Windamier in our cooperation with the Falena.”

“Yes, ma’am,” replied the named Argent firmly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, in the northern coast of Falena.

Ehlen blinked his cerulean eyes. “What? That thing from the sea is…a Sindar castle?” he asked, gazed over the castle on the sea.

“Just like the arisen of Ceras Lake Castle?” Clovis added.

“Hmm…yes, maybe similar,” Selena still smiled, “It’s just that, we don’t need to use any rune here. We only need words from the Sindar people to arise these kinds of buildings.”

“Wait, what?” Alexis frowned, “Did you mean that Lady Iris is a Sindar race?”

“Yes, of course.”

Everyone gasped, except Altus. He seemed already know about this matter. Selena approached the fainted girl. She then stared at Rudger. “Well, let’s take her to a place where she can rest…” she then pointed at the castle, “Over there. There was supposed to be this good grassy garden…she could take a nap there.”

“How did you know?” asked Clovis, but then he realized, “Don’t tell me…you’re also a Sindar?”

The hermit could only smile mysteriously. “I would explain more…when we arrived in that castle and when your comrades had come all along here,” she explained, “That’s my final decision and I wouldn’t change it.”

Ehlen sighed and turned to his knights. “Alexis, Clovis…please return to the West Palace and tell everyone to come here, ASAP,” he commanded gallantly.

Alexis and Clovis couldn’t resist and gave the silver haired prince a salute before they left through the secret tunnel. Having no other choice, the party walked to the castle just like what Selena wished. Iris kept sleeping as Rudger piggyback her until they arrived in the castle.

There was truly a small garden at the entrance of the castle. The brunette laid down his partner. Selena stopped floating and decided to sit down on the bench of that garden as well. Rudger sat next to the blonde unconscious girl, observed her blank expression when she was asleep. The young prince also sat down, gazed over the blue sea that surrounded the castle. Altus was the one who still stood and leaned back against the nearby tree.

“Selena,” Ehlen called out. The hermit turned her head and stared at the prince with her blind black eyes. “I thought the Sindar race had perished from this land a long time ago…”

“Well, you must be more patient. I rather lazy to tell people the same thing over and over,” that older golden haired girl giggled and return her attention to the empty scenery from her sight.

Ehlen sighed and looked at the sea again. Just at the time, Iris woke up.

“Uhm…” that young scholar stretched out her arms and rubbed her eyes, “Was I’m sleeping?”

“No, you’re fainted after saying some weird things,” answered the brunette one.

“Hnn? Really?” Iris tried to remember about previous event, “I remember that I was trying to read the text, but suddenly everything blacked out. Was I said something at the moment?”

Rudger and Ehlen frowned at that comment. Selena sighed and shrugged, still refused to explain. Soon after, they could saw a large ship with the signature of Estrise Royal Ship on the flag. The silver haired guy could notice some certain people were aboard too. The ship get closer and finally threw an anchor on the nearby shore.

“Whoa, this one large castle!” their young tactician amused to see how tall the castle is, “It’s amazing! We could fit more than one hundred thousands men in it!”

“That was pretty fast,” said Ehlen, approached his uncle.

Ariel shrugged. “Well, soon after the earthquake ended, we decided to follow you guys. And then we saw that Alexis and Clovis were heading to Lunas. They told us everything and…well, we decided to borrow Elise’s ship for it.”

“It wasn’t a big deal,” the blonde noblewoman giggled, “That one Swanhwid of mine always ready for sail in emergency times like this.”

“Okay, so what’s with this Sindar race I heard about?” asked William, looks like very enthusiasm.

Selena smiled and started to float again. Everyone gasped to see that. “Welcome to Randgriõr, the very castle that owned by Sindar people,” she sang with her melodious voice, “Please comes this way. It must be tiring to talk while you people stand up. There was a meeting hall inside, and it’s more comfortable than here. So…shall we?”

Everyone looked at each other. But seeing that Iris followed that flying girl inside, they all also tailed from behind. Selena led them to a very wide empty hall. She signaled for everyone to sit down, and they all obeyed. That girl also stopped floating and sat down on the floor. Iris sat next to her, just like Rudger.

“Okay, let’s begin the conference now,” that blonde hermit smiled, “Who wish to ask first hand?”

Toma raised his hand, “Tell us what’s with this Sindar race.” Selena nodded firmly.

“You mankind think that Sindar race had vanished since many years ago, but that was wrong,” she said, “But that was wrong. We just hid ourselves somewhere…untouched.”

“Hm…okay…” Buff nodded.

“And could I suggest that not only Lady Iris, but you yourselves are a Sindar, lady hermit?” asked Raijin formally.

“Wait, what? You know that she’s a Sindar?” Ceas gasped.

“Well…to be honest, yes we are,” Selena nodded, “We are part of those few who dare to come out of our hideout…oh, not really like that if I think. I’m the only one who dared to do so here. Lady Iris had no idea she was a Sindar.”

“Please explain yourself,” hissed Feaux.

“I’m a pure Sindar, while Lady Iris here was born from a Sindar woman and a normal human man. I would say she’s a half, but yet she mostly inherit the blood of Sindar.”

Iris gulped. She herself didn’t even know about that. Yet Selena knew everything. Was it because of her Prophecy Rune? Or it is because they share the same blood, the Sindar race blood? That blonde Tenkais got a headache all of sudden, and her partner seemed notice about it.

“Stop this rubbish,” he said suddenly, “So what if Iris is a Sindar? Her nature meant nothing in this matter.”

“Oh no, it meant really much, Sir Rudger,” the hermit smiled, “It meant she will able to read the rest of the Sindar text, and it meant she will able to solve every mystery of Sindar.”

“Yeah, I know that. But in this war, it’s not meant a thing except if she lost her, we would lose so much.”

“I guess that’s true,” Ehlen chuckled from his sit place, “Was that meant you also my relative, Lady Iris?”

Everyone frowned at the young prince. That silver haired guy chuckled even harder, “Oh c’mon! The legend said that the first Queen of Falena is a Sindar! That’s makes Lady Iris and Lady Selena are both my distance relatives!”

“Oh yes, of course,” Selena smiled too. “Is there something else to ask?”

“Does it will be really okay for us to use this castle?” asked Hayate.

“Yes, of course. Now Lady Iris is the master of the castle. If she wish and need the castle for this current war then so be it. I believe our ancestor will bless us about it too.”

“Okay, then I suggested we must draw all soldiers at West Palace to here,” said Rui, concluded everything. “Lady Barows, I’m sorry but could you let us borrow some more ships for the soldiers?”

Elise smiled and nodded, “I’ll be honored then. Now, let’s go, Willy. We must get them fast.”

The lady and her younger brother got up from their seat. After they gave Iris a small salute, the two went downstairs and set sail the Swanhwid to return to Estrise’s port. Now everyone turned his or her attention to the army’s tactician again.

“What now?” Latina asked with her enthusiasm tone.

“Well, I guess we need to look around and get you guys rooms…and knowing the geographic so I can plan further tactics!” that brunette girl smirked, “Now, Lady Selena, if you please to show me a--”

“Pardon for my interruption.”

Everyone turned around and looked at Feaux and Fennes, who were assigned by their master to watch the surrounding from outside. They seemed as pale as Altus. The silver haired master got up and approached them. “What’s wrong?” Ariel asked. There was slight worry in his voice.

“We saw some cavalries heading this way from western bay,” informed the emerald haired elf seriously. “They brought the same army flag with those of mercenaries brought at the last war.”

Everyone gasped. “They wanted to attack us this soon?” Kaylee grumbled, annoyed. “Can’t they take a little break?”

“Unfortunately, Sir Kaylee, The three units from Reinhold mercenary that we fought over at the previous war weren’t the main units. I presume there were lot of them hiding while the three were taken along in that war,” Rui folded her arms, “And I suggest now their leader finally show up to infiltrate us. Maybe because they thought we had not yet brought along our soldiers here, so…”

“Okay, enough,” Toma got up, intervened the long speeches. “You had any plan?”

“Once again, unfortunately no,” the small woman played with her brown hair, “With our current total here, we can only defeat one or two units. The rest will kill us at once.”

“I guess not,” Selena started to float again. She turned her head toward Iris. “We had secret weapons at the basement. Follow me, Lady Iris, Lady Rui. I will show you a way.”

“Alright,” the young Sindar girl nodded and got up. “Everyone, please get ready for the fight.”

“Yes, ma’am!” replied everyone in the hall.

Selena led Iris, Rui and Rudger (remember, he’s Iris’ bodyguard) to the basement. They ran all the way to that place and finally stopped in front of a large door. Selena touched it a little and the door opened widely, let the four entered. And look how they were so surprised.

In that large and wide chamber, many mannequin-looks like stored. At least there were three hundreds strange mannequin. Iris and Rudger recognized them.

“Claymore…?” Iris muttered nervously, “But, I thought they were all demolished?”

“What? What is a Claymore?” asked Rui, unfamiliar with the word.

“It was a puppet that could be controlled with some kind of crystal. We focused our magic power on the crystal, thus we could control the Claymores. It’s required a large amount of magic power to do so, but…” Rudger stopped and gasped, then he rolled his eyes to the hermit, “…Did you mean the Sindar also created it?”

Selena smiled mystically and nodded. “Yes, we are. Some had been destroyed when humans used it very long time ago, but some still stored here. The Claymores are worth the power of ten men. So I guess it’s enough to use them in battle with those mercenaries?”

“Yes…yes, of course!” the young tactician got her spirit back, “Now, bring every pieces of it out of the room! Are the crystals around too?”

“Yes. Over there,” the older Sindar girl pointed at the edge of the room. There were some white pale crystals on the crates.

“Good. I have plans ready. Call everyone, let’s go to the battle!”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the other place: Solde, the port city of Toran Republic.

“Are you ready?” asked the vice-president to a certain blonde.

Argent nodded firmly. “Let’s get going: to Falena.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scrapped: EC-8

Scrapped: Raijin no Keifu

Konstelasi: Sagittarius