Fate, Prologue
“Hey, Iris!”
A brown haired young man approached his schoolmate. The called Iris girl merely tilted her head a little and smiled to him as he stopped next to her and took some breathes to relieve his lungs.
“Hey, Rudger. What’s wrong?” she asked, held her books tighter to her chest.
“Erm…wait…” Rudger huffed awhile before he coughing and gave the girl anymore explanations. “Lady Nina asked you to come to her office,” he finally told her.
Iris blinked and frowned, now playing her hair with her finger. “Lady Nina? What’s wrong? I didn’t do anything,” she complaint.
“You didn’t do anything? Hello, who’s the one that winning the prize of Old Sindar Text Decipher Competition last week? Now, get any clue?” teased the brunette boy.
“Oh, that. Well, want to accompany me?”
“Of course.”
“Then let’s go. No dawdle here!”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The youths arrived at the hall where the teacher office and headmaster office lies. Iris suddenly grimacing, which was Rudger noticed and made him laughed. “Now, what’s with that look?” he asked between his laughs.
“Nervous,” she hissed. Iris placed her books to her bag and took a deep breathe before gave the headmaster’s office a soft knock. Just a second after that, a gentle voice signaled to let them came in.
Rudger politely opened the office’s door. The two entered and gasped as they saw older people who appeared in that room as well. One of them was sat at the chair behind the desk, she was Lady Nina—the headmaster. While the two other were people who were very vital to the control of the country.
“Lady Teresa! Sir Klaus!” they claimed, still stared at the people with unbelieving looks.
“You finally come, Iris,” Nina shook her head gracefully and continued, “Took you long enough.”
“Iris, what’s with that formal calling? I’m still your aunt,” sighed the famous president of Dunan Republic.
“I think that’s the way for her to show her respect towards you, Lady Teresa,” the handsome man with warming heart smile chuckled.
“Uh, um…so…why do I was called to come?” asked Iris, feeling even more nervous than before she watched the three honorable people.
“I heard you were won the competition of deciphering an old text, Iris,” said Teresa, approached the nervous young girl and placed her hands on Iris’ shoulder. “And so, without any idle babble, I asked you if you willingly study aboard in Falena.”
“WHAT!?” Iris, who was too shocked by all the surprises, yelled her last comment accidentally and quickly adding a mutter apologizes. “Uh, um…so…does this offering really is…true?”
“Do you think I will ever lie to my sweet niece?” the eldest woman in the room frowned at Iris, who frantically shook her head as a sorry comment. She then smiled again, still grabbing Iris’ shoulder, “I know you always wanted to go to that place someday. So, it’s your golden chance, Iris dear.”
“Oh…sure, I will! Thank you so much, La—Aunt Teresa,” the blonde girl nodded and gave Nina and Klaus a reassuring smile.
“And as an extra bonus, Rudger here will accompany you study there as well!” Nina pointed at the forgotten brunette young boy, made Iris frowned and looked at the older folks with questioning look.
“Fleming here also good at history of Sindar race, or so I heard,” explained Klaus calmly. “He’s also the academy’s President Student Council, so he could be a good representative for the school.”
Rudger smirked to Iris. “I’ll appreciate your cooperation there, Iris Wisemail.”
That last word of Rudger made Iris gasped and looked at Teresa, which now has released her shoulders. That lady looked at her, ready to answer any questions from the young student.
“Will I be your representative as well?” Iris asked. “I mean…as one who bears the Wisemail name?”
The comment made everyone in the room looked at her, concerned. Iris shook her head. “Uh, I mean…if it’s important, then I’ll use your last name, Auntie. But if I’m allowed…I would prefer to use my true full name.”
Teresa gave Iris a reassuring smile and nodded. “I’m sorry, but yes, you need to use the Wisemail name. But if you wish, you may introduced yourself with your true full name to whoever that you seen as a friend there,” she added.
Iris nodded and smiled again. “When we’ll transfer there?”
“Soon after this terms ended. You’ll be escorted to Solde, the sea-port city with our Capital Soldiers,” replied Klaus. “So, you might be wanted to take your time for memorials or some valuables to commemorate your study here.”
“Yes. Thank you very much,” Iris and Rudger gave the older people respectful bows. “We shall not disgrace the name of both New Leaf Academy and Dunan Republic.”
Teresa, Nina and Klaus looked at each other and then smiling back to the young students. After Iris and Rudger came out of the office, Teresa turned around to her loyal and best assistances since her former bodyguards decided to go on a journey to his homeland.
“Is it come to a good events later?” asked Klaus, seemed really concerned.
“Its suits her true nature well,” replied Teresa firmly. “As one who born by the blood of Sindar race, and the last survivor of her race. It might be better if she lived there.”
“Does our choice will make him happy?” Nina asked again. “I’m scared of him, you know.”
“Oh, he’s my brother. He wouldn’t dare to harm us,” Teresa chuckled. “I even believe that he will proud of her. Proud of the daughter that he left merely because his lack of skills. He's very poor father. Hhh…Iris will be really sad if she know the truth.”
A brown haired young man approached his schoolmate. The called Iris girl merely tilted her head a little and smiled to him as he stopped next to her and took some breathes to relieve his lungs.
“Hey, Rudger. What’s wrong?” she asked, held her books tighter to her chest.
“Erm…wait…” Rudger huffed awhile before he coughing and gave the girl anymore explanations. “Lady Nina asked you to come to her office,” he finally told her.
Iris blinked and frowned, now playing her hair with her finger. “Lady Nina? What’s wrong? I didn’t do anything,” she complaint.
“You didn’t do anything? Hello, who’s the one that winning the prize of Old Sindar Text Decipher Competition last week? Now, get any clue?” teased the brunette boy.
“Oh, that. Well, want to accompany me?”
“Of course.”
“Then let’s go. No dawdle here!”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The youths arrived at the hall where the teacher office and headmaster office lies. Iris suddenly grimacing, which was Rudger noticed and made him laughed. “Now, what’s with that look?” he asked between his laughs.
“Nervous,” she hissed. Iris placed her books to her bag and took a deep breathe before gave the headmaster’s office a soft knock. Just a second after that, a gentle voice signaled to let them came in.
Rudger politely opened the office’s door. The two entered and gasped as they saw older people who appeared in that room as well. One of them was sat at the chair behind the desk, she was Lady Nina—the headmaster. While the two other were people who were very vital to the control of the country.
“Lady Teresa! Sir Klaus!” they claimed, still stared at the people with unbelieving looks.
“You finally come, Iris,” Nina shook her head gracefully and continued, “Took you long enough.”
“Iris, what’s with that formal calling? I’m still your aunt,” sighed the famous president of Dunan Republic.
“I think that’s the way for her to show her respect towards you, Lady Teresa,” the handsome man with warming heart smile chuckled.
“Uh, um…so…why do I was called to come?” asked Iris, feeling even more nervous than before she watched the three honorable people.
“I heard you were won the competition of deciphering an old text, Iris,” said Teresa, approached the nervous young girl and placed her hands on Iris’ shoulder. “And so, without any idle babble, I asked you if you willingly study aboard in Falena.”
“WHAT!?” Iris, who was too shocked by all the surprises, yelled her last comment accidentally and quickly adding a mutter apologizes. “Uh, um…so…does this offering really is…true?”
“Do you think I will ever lie to my sweet niece?” the eldest woman in the room frowned at Iris, who frantically shook her head as a sorry comment. She then smiled again, still grabbing Iris’ shoulder, “I know you always wanted to go to that place someday. So, it’s your golden chance, Iris dear.”
“Oh…sure, I will! Thank you so much, La—Aunt Teresa,” the blonde girl nodded and gave Nina and Klaus a reassuring smile.
“And as an extra bonus, Rudger here will accompany you study there as well!” Nina pointed at the forgotten brunette young boy, made Iris frowned and looked at the older folks with questioning look.
“Fleming here also good at history of Sindar race, or so I heard,” explained Klaus calmly. “He’s also the academy’s President Student Council, so he could be a good representative for the school.”
Rudger smirked to Iris. “I’ll appreciate your cooperation there, Iris Wisemail.”
That last word of Rudger made Iris gasped and looked at Teresa, which now has released her shoulders. That lady looked at her, ready to answer any questions from the young student.
“Will I be your representative as well?” Iris asked. “I mean…as one who bears the Wisemail name?”
The comment made everyone in the room looked at her, concerned. Iris shook her head. “Uh, I mean…if it’s important, then I’ll use your last name, Auntie. But if I’m allowed…I would prefer to use my true full name.”
Teresa gave Iris a reassuring smile and nodded. “I’m sorry, but yes, you need to use the Wisemail name. But if you wish, you may introduced yourself with your true full name to whoever that you seen as a friend there,” she added.
Iris nodded and smiled again. “When we’ll transfer there?”
“Soon after this terms ended. You’ll be escorted to Solde, the sea-port city with our Capital Soldiers,” replied Klaus. “So, you might be wanted to take your time for memorials or some valuables to commemorate your study here.”
“Yes. Thank you very much,” Iris and Rudger gave the older people respectful bows. “We shall not disgrace the name of both New Leaf Academy and Dunan Republic.”
Teresa, Nina and Klaus looked at each other and then smiling back to the young students. After Iris and Rudger came out of the office, Teresa turned around to her loyal and best assistances since her former bodyguards decided to go on a journey to his homeland.
“Is it come to a good events later?” asked Klaus, seemed really concerned.
“Its suits her true nature well,” replied Teresa firmly. “As one who born by the blood of Sindar race, and the last survivor of her race. It might be better if she lived there.”
“Does our choice will make him happy?” Nina asked again. “I’m scared of him, you know.”
“Oh, he’s my brother. He wouldn’t dare to harm us,” Teresa chuckled. “I even believe that he will proud of her. Proud of the daughter that he left merely because his lack of skills. He's very poor father. Hhh…Iris will be really sad if she know the truth.”
Comments
Post a Comment