僕の不朽恋人
Alternate Universe: Asahina Iori, freshman of Jouichi University, finds himself get forced to try the orientation for his campus's tennis club, and there he meets an eccentric guy that is the special coach of the club, Kaname.
Inspired by "The Coach is My Brother", from the Drama CD.
.
.
.
Chapter 1: Dear Coach
Today is the first day of the semester for Jouichi University, the university that I enrolls in.
After the ceremony ends, us freshmen are allowed to take a look around the student organization fair, in case we are interested to join in and build a lifelong friendship with fellow organization members, not to mention increasing academic experience.
In my case, I'm not interested, so I want to head back home as soon as possible.
Sure, as a freshman I need to establish as much connections as I can to ensure my future, but I really can't take any interest in mingling with others in things like student government or sport activities. Especially sport activities because, in this kind of university, most of the time they are only sport club in a name and instead of doing serious trainings, the meetings are used as a chance to flirt with each other.
So I decided not to enter any.
But even though I'm determined to avoid the fair, there are senior students littering close to the entrance gate, giving out flyers and promoting their groups. As I makes my way, one of them try to approach me.
"Hey, you over there! Are you not interested to join our tennis club?"
There you go.
"I'm sorry, but no, I'm not interested."
I try to walk past him, but he persistently follows and even grabs my arm.
"Just try to attend the introduction first! It'll start soon, come on!"
He starts to drag me to the tennis court of the campus, which is located not too far from the entrance gate. I sigh as I obediently follow him. While I have the option to break away from his hold and leave, I want to try to keep my humble image and a low profile, especially in front of a senior like him.
Beside, I don't see any harm in attending it — I'll just forget all about it after tomorrow.
In front of the entrance to the tennis court, there are some seniors who seem to be members of tennis club. They turn to look at us when they realize that we are coming to their way.
"Satou-kun, another freshman?" One of them asks the senior beside me.
"Yeah. The coach hadn't come yet, right?"
"Well, about that... actually Coach Suzuki can't come because something happened in the last minute..."
"Huh? What happened?"
"He said he tripped at the station stairway and broke his arm."
... What a clumsy coach.
Satou-san seems a bit troubled with the news. "Then, do we have to cancel the orientation?"
"No, actually, along with the message that Coach Suzuki sent, he said that he asked a friend of his to replace him until he recovers, and just now the replacement came."
"Really? Replacement?"
"Yeah! A friend from the gym that he often comes to, he said. It's hard to believe that such a young, fine-looking man is his friend, though. Right, Takahashi-san?"
Takahashi-san, a female senior that remains silent since the start of the conversation, nods.
"You girls only target the ones with good looks, as usual," Satou-san sighs, and then as if he only just now notice that I'm still standing there with them, says, "Ah, come inside and gather with the others! We'll start with the introduction soon."
I have no choice but to nod and enter the court, approaching the crowd of freshmen that had gathered. I thought that I had my chance to go home when I heard that their coach had an accident... how disappointing.
Though I do approach the crowd, I don't make any initiative to join in any of the conversations they have. I simply sit together with them on the field, listening in. As I thought, many of them joins just to get the chance to flirt with each other. Hh, I really want to leave from that place...
As I thought of that, Satou-san and his friends gather in front of us. Satou-san seems to talk a bit with this flashy looking man, before said man fully faces the freshmen that now had quieted down and focuses their attention to him.
"Hello, dear ladies and gentlemen, freshmen alikes! I'm a special coach for this club, Gojou Kaname. You may call me Coach Kaname, though. Please treat me well from now on."
We all respond to his short introduction and he smiles as his gaze sweeps the field, though I realize that for a split second, he seems surprised to find me among the group of freshman. As it only last for a moment as fast as a blink of eye, I think that my eyes are deceiving me, so I decide to shrug it off and pay attention to the rest of the introduction.
After a few hours, the introduction ends and we're allowed to go home.
As I ride on the train to my apartment, I look at the application paper that the seniors handed out to us right before the orientation ends. It's kind of useless to take it with me. I mean, I don't have any intention to enter a half-baked club like that. The members mostly only attend to find people to date, the coach sounds unreliable, and the replacement doesn't look serious either. It'll only become a waste of time for me.
Though I think of that, I shove the paper back into my pants pocket as the train stops at my designated station.
My apartment is located in a rather laid-back part of the metropolitan area. There are not many places meant for entertainment there, but it suit me just fine. The convenience store and other shops are easily reachable from my apartment and it's pretty quiet regardless of the time of day, so I pretty much like it to live there. Even though when night falls like this, the area becomes rather eerie due to the lack of streetlights and people who lives in the area aren't fond of wandering out at night.
But it's alright. According to my landlord, there are hardly any crimes occurred in the area. So it should be safe for me to return home at time like this.
... Or so I believed.
When I pass the dark small park on my way to my apartment, I hear the sound of someone running to my direction from within that park, which makes me stop and try to see who is it. I can't really see them, but from the vague figure I guess that they're actually a she, and she's... sobbing. Crying. Then, as she seems like to notice me stopping in front of the park entrance, she screams:
"Help!"
It surprises me, and as I don't expect it I remain still like a statue. She continues screaming, pleading for my help as she runs to me, but before I can see her in much clearer light, her scream is cut short as something grabs her from behind, dragging her back to the darkness.
That snaps me out of my shocked state and I run into the park, trying to catch up with her.
"Who is there?! Let that girl go!"
Silence answers my words, and I start to wonder if I was hallucinating due to exhaustion. But then there's small rustle which makes me startled and turns to look at that direction. Carefully I approach said direction, peeking over the bushes behind a park bench.
As my eyes have gotten to the lack of light condition, now I'm able to see much better of my surroundings, and consecutively I'm able to see the figures of two people on the ground. One, which from the figure I deduce to be a man, is toppling the woman who came to seek my help earlier. At first I thought that I witness a scene of rape, but when I continue to watch them, I notice that the man isn't ravishing her.
But he's biting her neck and sucks the life out of her.
He seems to be so focused on it that he doesn't notice my presence until I take one step backwards due to shock. The man looks up to me, and his expression mirrors that of mine, though I'm sure I'm much more shocked than that.
Especially after I realize that I know that man.
"Coach-"
I find myself being pushed to the ground. He towers over me, one hand covering my mouth and the other is holding down my arm. It's dark, but that golden locks, and those seemingly playful golden irises are definitely Coach Kaname's.
"Be quiet."
His eyes seem to glow faintly in the dark when he says that.
"Be quiet and... return to your apartment. You will forget what you saw just now. You will only remember that you safely return to your apartment after you attend the tennis club's orientation. You will remember nothing of this."
Then he slowly removes his hand from my mouth and gets up. As I lay there, eyes staring straight at his figure, he retreats back into the bushes, making more rustling noises.
And then the silence returns as I continue to stay still with my eyes wide open.
Inspired by "The Coach is My Brother", from the Drama CD.
.
.
.
Chapter 1: Dear Coach
Today is the first day of the semester for Jouichi University, the university that I enrolls in.
After the ceremony ends, us freshmen are allowed to take a look around the student organization fair, in case we are interested to join in and build a lifelong friendship with fellow organization members, not to mention increasing academic experience.
In my case, I'm not interested, so I want to head back home as soon as possible.
Sure, as a freshman I need to establish as much connections as I can to ensure my future, but I really can't take any interest in mingling with others in things like student government or sport activities. Especially sport activities because, in this kind of university, most of the time they are only sport club in a name and instead of doing serious trainings, the meetings are used as a chance to flirt with each other.
So I decided not to enter any.
But even though I'm determined to avoid the fair, there are senior students littering close to the entrance gate, giving out flyers and promoting their groups. As I makes my way, one of them try to approach me.
"Hey, you over there! Are you not interested to join our tennis club?"
There you go.
"I'm sorry, but no, I'm not interested."
I try to walk past him, but he persistently follows and even grabs my arm.
"Just try to attend the introduction first! It'll start soon, come on!"
He starts to drag me to the tennis court of the campus, which is located not too far from the entrance gate. I sigh as I obediently follow him. While I have the option to break away from his hold and leave, I want to try to keep my humble image and a low profile, especially in front of a senior like him.
Beside, I don't see any harm in attending it — I'll just forget all about it after tomorrow.
In front of the entrance to the tennis court, there are some seniors who seem to be members of tennis club. They turn to look at us when they realize that we are coming to their way.
"Satou-kun, another freshman?" One of them asks the senior beside me.
"Yeah. The coach hadn't come yet, right?"
"Well, about that... actually Coach Suzuki can't come because something happened in the last minute..."
"Huh? What happened?"
"He said he tripped at the station stairway and broke his arm."
... What a clumsy coach.
Satou-san seems a bit troubled with the news. "Then, do we have to cancel the orientation?"
"No, actually, along with the message that Coach Suzuki sent, he said that he asked a friend of his to replace him until he recovers, and just now the replacement came."
"Really? Replacement?"
"Yeah! A friend from the gym that he often comes to, he said. It's hard to believe that such a young, fine-looking man is his friend, though. Right, Takahashi-san?"
Takahashi-san, a female senior that remains silent since the start of the conversation, nods.
"You girls only target the ones with good looks, as usual," Satou-san sighs, and then as if he only just now notice that I'm still standing there with them, says, "Ah, come inside and gather with the others! We'll start with the introduction soon."
I have no choice but to nod and enter the court, approaching the crowd of freshmen that had gathered. I thought that I had my chance to go home when I heard that their coach had an accident... how disappointing.
Though I do approach the crowd, I don't make any initiative to join in any of the conversations they have. I simply sit together with them on the field, listening in. As I thought, many of them joins just to get the chance to flirt with each other. Hh, I really want to leave from that place...
As I thought of that, Satou-san and his friends gather in front of us. Satou-san seems to talk a bit with this flashy looking man, before said man fully faces the freshmen that now had quieted down and focuses their attention to him.
"Hello, dear ladies and gentlemen, freshmen alikes! I'm a special coach for this club, Gojou Kaname. You may call me Coach Kaname, though. Please treat me well from now on."
We all respond to his short introduction and he smiles as his gaze sweeps the field, though I realize that for a split second, he seems surprised to find me among the group of freshman. As it only last for a moment as fast as a blink of eye, I think that my eyes are deceiving me, so I decide to shrug it off and pay attention to the rest of the introduction.
After a few hours, the introduction ends and we're allowed to go home.
As I ride on the train to my apartment, I look at the application paper that the seniors handed out to us right before the orientation ends. It's kind of useless to take it with me. I mean, I don't have any intention to enter a half-baked club like that. The members mostly only attend to find people to date, the coach sounds unreliable, and the replacement doesn't look serious either. It'll only become a waste of time for me.
Though I think of that, I shove the paper back into my pants pocket as the train stops at my designated station.
My apartment is located in a rather laid-back part of the metropolitan area. There are not many places meant for entertainment there, but it suit me just fine. The convenience store and other shops are easily reachable from my apartment and it's pretty quiet regardless of the time of day, so I pretty much like it to live there. Even though when night falls like this, the area becomes rather eerie due to the lack of streetlights and people who lives in the area aren't fond of wandering out at night.
But it's alright. According to my landlord, there are hardly any crimes occurred in the area. So it should be safe for me to return home at time like this.
... Or so I believed.
When I pass the dark small park on my way to my apartment, I hear the sound of someone running to my direction from within that park, which makes me stop and try to see who is it. I can't really see them, but from the vague figure I guess that they're actually a she, and she's... sobbing. Crying. Then, as she seems like to notice me stopping in front of the park entrance, she screams:
"Help!"
It surprises me, and as I don't expect it I remain still like a statue. She continues screaming, pleading for my help as she runs to me, but before I can see her in much clearer light, her scream is cut short as something grabs her from behind, dragging her back to the darkness.
That snaps me out of my shocked state and I run into the park, trying to catch up with her.
"Who is there?! Let that girl go!"
Silence answers my words, and I start to wonder if I was hallucinating due to exhaustion. But then there's small rustle which makes me startled and turns to look at that direction. Carefully I approach said direction, peeking over the bushes behind a park bench.
As my eyes have gotten to the lack of light condition, now I'm able to see much better of my surroundings, and consecutively I'm able to see the figures of two people on the ground. One, which from the figure I deduce to be a man, is toppling the woman who came to seek my help earlier. At first I thought that I witness a scene of rape, but when I continue to watch them, I notice that the man isn't ravishing her.
But he's biting her neck and sucks the life out of her.
He seems to be so focused on it that he doesn't notice my presence until I take one step backwards due to shock. The man looks up to me, and his expression mirrors that of mine, though I'm sure I'm much more shocked than that.
Especially after I realize that I know that man.
"Coach-"
I find myself being pushed to the ground. He towers over me, one hand covering my mouth and the other is holding down my arm. It's dark, but that golden locks, and those seemingly playful golden irises are definitely Coach Kaname's.
"Be quiet."
His eyes seem to glow faintly in the dark when he says that.
"Be quiet and... return to your apartment. You will forget what you saw just now. You will only remember that you safely return to your apartment after you attend the tennis club's orientation. You will remember nothing of this."
Then he slowly removes his hand from my mouth and gets up. As I lay there, eyes staring straight at his figure, he retreats back into the bushes, making more rustling noises.
And then the silence returns as I continue to stay still with my eyes wide open.
Comments
Post a Comment