Juli's Everyday
My name's Juli. I'm just your ordinary nine-years old boy living my ordinary, rather monotonous live the best way I can. Well, the only thing that's not so ordinary about me is my hair color, which is gray due to low amount of pigments and melanin, that's all.
Okay, I lied.
The life I went though up until now might seem ordinary but due to my family background, it's actually not so ordinary.
Because my family consist of men and men only.
For serious.
.
.
.
Everyday I would wake up in the morning as my alarm clock rings, washes my face and get dressed while staying half-awake, then head to the dining room where my parents had gathered way earlier than I do.
"G'morning..."
"Good morning, Juli."
My father would answer first, looking up from the morning newspaper or morning news on the TV or whatever that he was preoccupied with prior to my arrival in the room to flash his usual bright smile. He would've already appear neat and handsome in his suits, even though his work starts one hour after.
Then as I sit down on one of the empty chairs, my mother would come up to me carrying my share of breakfast; warm milk tea that would wake me up completely and slices of toasted breads buttered with my favorite walnut jam. He then would get behind me as I enjoy my breakfast and, with the brush that he always carries in his apron pocket, he'll start grooming my hair.
"You really should at least brush your hair yourself as you get dressed."
"I told you... I'm against having long hair in the first place."
But as usual my defense isn't approved by my father, who would tirelessly remark, "But, Juli, sonny, it'll be such a waste to cut your hair short! Sorry, but I'm on your Uncle Dite's side on this one."
Then I would just roll my eyes and continue having my breakfast while my mother would start twisting and braiding my hair.
Oh, yes; you didn't read wrong by the way. I did use male pronoun to refer to my mother because, well, he is a man.
Yes, my parents are married homosexual couples.
And I'm their adopted son.
Not to add that my parents' families are full of homosexuals either. My mother's side, more prominently, since most women would rather not date men who are far more beautiful than they are due to feeling of inferiority. And indeed, the beauty of my mother and his family can turn even the straightest men gay.
I'm kind of embarrassed to have them adopt me. Not due to this socially disturbing background, but rather due to that the intensity of their love defeat the most idiotic straight couples out there.
"Ah."
Me and my mother would turn our head around and see that my father had 'accidentally' dropped something. Probably his teaspoon, a remote control, his keyholder, or other small-sized things. This would make my mother sigh and goes to pick up them for Father, where it'll then earn him a kiss as a thank you for picking it up, and it's usually not a brief kiss, but quite a lengthy and passionate one. Yes, he actually did it on purpose just so he would have an 'excuse' to kiss my mother so early in the morning.
Stupid couple.
Eventually Mother would tug at his necktie to make him stop, since he knew that I'm slowly growing icky of seeing them kissing like that. "You have your fill, so work hard in the court, you hear me?"
"Got it. You'll stay at home all day to focus on your novel today too, right?"
"Yeah."
"Then I'll pick you up to eat dinner outside."
"And Juli?"
"Don't mind about me and just have fun, Father, Mother," I calmly answer as I continue with my toasts.
"Then it's decided!" With a cheerful, finality tone my father then kiss his wife again, and I decide to ignore them so I can finish my breakfast.
Really, sometimes I wonder why did they choose to adopt a son, and even went so far as to choose me among so many children in one of the many orphanages in their hometown.
But, well...
This kind of life isn't too bad... I think.
Okay, I lied.
The life I went though up until now might seem ordinary but due to my family background, it's actually not so ordinary.
Because my family consist of men and men only.
For serious.
.
.
.
Everyday I would wake up in the morning as my alarm clock rings, washes my face and get dressed while staying half-awake, then head to the dining room where my parents had gathered way earlier than I do.
"G'morning..."
"Good morning, Juli."
My father would answer first, looking up from the morning newspaper or morning news on the TV or whatever that he was preoccupied with prior to my arrival in the room to flash his usual bright smile. He would've already appear neat and handsome in his suits, even though his work starts one hour after.
Then as I sit down on one of the empty chairs, my mother would come up to me carrying my share of breakfast; warm milk tea that would wake me up completely and slices of toasted breads buttered with my favorite walnut jam. He then would get behind me as I enjoy my breakfast and, with the brush that he always carries in his apron pocket, he'll start grooming my hair.
"You really should at least brush your hair yourself as you get dressed."
"I told you... I'm against having long hair in the first place."
But as usual my defense isn't approved by my father, who would tirelessly remark, "But, Juli, sonny, it'll be such a waste to cut your hair short! Sorry, but I'm on your Uncle Dite's side on this one."
Then I would just roll my eyes and continue having my breakfast while my mother would start twisting and braiding my hair.
Oh, yes; you didn't read wrong by the way. I did use male pronoun to refer to my mother because, well, he is a man.
Yes, my parents are married homosexual couples.
And I'm their adopted son.
Not to add that my parents' families are full of homosexuals either. My mother's side, more prominently, since most women would rather not date men who are far more beautiful than they are due to feeling of inferiority. And indeed, the beauty of my mother and his family can turn even the straightest men gay.
I'm kind of embarrassed to have them adopt me. Not due to this socially disturbing background, but rather due to that the intensity of their love defeat the most idiotic straight couples out there.
"Ah."
Me and my mother would turn our head around and see that my father had 'accidentally' dropped something. Probably his teaspoon, a remote control, his keyholder, or other small-sized things. This would make my mother sigh and goes to pick up them for Father, where it'll then earn him a kiss as a thank you for picking it up, and it's usually not a brief kiss, but quite a lengthy and passionate one. Yes, he actually did it on purpose just so he would have an 'excuse' to kiss my mother so early in the morning.
Stupid couple.
Eventually Mother would tug at his necktie to make him stop, since he knew that I'm slowly growing icky of seeing them kissing like that. "You have your fill, so work hard in the court, you hear me?"
"Got it. You'll stay at home all day to focus on your novel today too, right?"
"Yeah."
"Then I'll pick you up to eat dinner outside."
"And Juli?"
"Don't mind about me and just have fun, Father, Mother," I calmly answer as I continue with my toasts.
"Then it's decided!" With a cheerful, finality tone my father then kiss his wife again, and I decide to ignore them so I can finish my breakfast.
Really, sometimes I wonder why did they choose to adopt a son, and even went so far as to choose me among so many children in one of the many orphanages in their hometown.
But, well...
This kind of life isn't too bad... I think.
Comments
Post a Comment