こういうかんけい 0.1

When I opened my eyes, she had stood before me, with her amber eyes seeming to glimmer in amusement.

"I'm Yamanbagiri Kunihiro, the sword of Ashikaga Castle's master, Nagao Akinaga." He paused for awhile, seeing that the glittery stare hadn't stop. "... Are you going to ask me how it feels to kill a youkai?"

"Won't you?" She uttered her first words to me, voice hinted with curiosity.

"No."

Though she made no sounds of disappointment, her expression clearly reflects her thoughts. Huffing, I had no choice but to tell her.

"If you don't notice it yet, I'm not the real Yamanbagiri that Nagao used to behead the youkai. I'm a duplicate made by Horikawa Kunihiro."

"Ah, I see."

I stared at her, observing the change of expression. Much to my surprise, she didn't seem to become even more disappointed to learn that I'm a 'fake'. She merely returned to put on a composed facade, as if she cared little whether I'm a duplicate or not.

Or perhaps that means she would put little hope in me now?

The sound of her clearing her throat effectively put a stop to my train of thoughts.

"In any case, Yamanbagiri Kunihiro. I should start by introducing myself. I'm—"

"It's alright." I interrupted her, then quickly added when seeing the surprised look on her. "When you summoned my soul, a bit of your knowledge is imparted into me. To be precise, about who you are and the details of your mission."

It sure was a strange sensation, to have someone else's memories forced into my own head (though thankfully it wasn't anything too private). And while the explanation I gained from those memories were rather complicated, I think I understand the gist of it.

Basically: she was asked by some higher-ups to eliminate some bad guys who intended to change history and because while as a girl she couldn't fight, she could give human form to objects, thus she was offered to have me as an underling that will accompany her in fulfilling her task.

As for reasons she was the one chosen to do the job and not someone else that seemed more reliable (not to be rude, but I really can't see her as someone suitable for this kind of thing), nothing about it was revealed in the memory I received. But in any case, I am to enter the battlefield once again after centuries of staying idle.

And this time, under my own will.

"I'm more than honored to accompany you in accomplishing that mission."

The moment I say that, her expression changed again into that of a relief. Was she thinking that I would refuse to assist her?

That assured expression only lasted for awhile and once again she pretended to stay composed.

"That makes things quicker. Now then, Yamanbagiri Kunihiro, shall we head to the battlefield?"



Youkai: Supernatural creatures from Shinto religion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scrapped: EC-8

Scrapped: Raijin no Keifu

Konstelasi: Sagittarius