こういうかんけい 0.2

Apparently, the girl that from now on would be my master not only possess the power to awaken the soul of still objects, but also traveling to the past.

She told me to stand close to her and after I did, she chanted some sort of mantra which then made us enveloped in bright light. By the time the light disappeared, we've been transported to another place.

"This is..."

"Hakodate, in Hokkaido." Seeming to notice me raising my eyebrows, she added, "Would Ezochi be more familiar to you? The land of the Ezo people. It's one of their port towns."

I mouthed a soundless "ah" with little to no interest. After all, I'm just a sword. My head is full of killing techniques, not with geographical information. Though I would know my way if she were to send me to my former master's territory.

Looking around, the town seemed to be quite large, though I could hardly sense the presence of any humans other than the two of us. It was pretty quiet, where we were.

"It seems that the war hadn't break into the town yet."

I turned my attention back to her. She had her eyes fixed to another direction, which, when I followed, turned out to be the direction of a strange-looking building. It looked like a castle, but it didn't look anything like Ashikaga Castle. Ezochi-style castle?

"Yamanbagiri Kunihiro, let's move." Once again her words made me look at her.

"Where to?"

"To bay area."

As we walked to the direction of the bay, she filled me in with the current situation of the period in which we landed in. Apparently the losing side of a war escaped here because they refused to submit to the new government of the wining side. And now, the government sent their force to subjugate these poor losers. Since Hakodate -- and Ezochi... Hokkaido in a whole is located at the northernmost of the country and separated from the mainland by a strait, the force would've to use ships to get into this land and my master seemed to believe that the two sides are currently warring on the sea.

(By the way, I'm sure I wouldn't remember about this historical lesson tomorrow.)

We are not heading to the bay area because we want to watch how the war progressed, but we're going to find our own enemies. According to her logic, because our enemy seek to change the past, then they would try to do so by beheading important figures or sabotage something, thus altering the result of this war.

That's pretty clever of them.

"So? How are we going to spot them?" I asked when I took a whiff of the scent of the sea, brought by the winds.

"You should be able to tell." She answered while putting her hands close to her head, trying to ward the winds that seemed to want to mess her hair. "They're the same as you -- objects awakened from its slumbering state. To be precise, they're also weapons, like you."

I frowned at her, but she seemed to not notice it. "I wasn't informed of this."

"Is that so? Now you do."

Sighing, I pulled the tip of my hood down to cover my eyes. It's true that I've been conveniently filled in the details of our mission, but information about our enemy wasn't included with them. Fighting another weapon... hopefully my former comrades, or even my former enemies, wouldn't be mixed among them.

As soon as the thought occurred to me, I sensed something alien not too far from us. Alerted, I grabbed the handle of my sword, ready to draw it out as I continued to try to track down its precise location.

"You've found them?" She noticed my change of posture.

"Yes. They're up ahead. Let's go."

I ran ahead, and she tailed behind me. When I finally can pinpoint their exact position, I led us to hid behind a nearby tree. Protected under its shade, I could freely surveyed our to be battle location and our enemies.

Which, much to my surprise, didn't look anything like human.

My gaze fixed at the sight of what looked like bone dragons floating in midair, with a tantou in their mouth. It certainly exuded heinous aura that make them seem strong. If anyting...

I don't want to be compared to anything like that.

Even if they're also blades given mortal body, there was a large difference between us. In the eye of normal humans, I'm sure to look like an ordinary young man. But our enemy... they looks like some sort of evil youkai.

I wonder if my name would change by the time I finish them off.

"How is it? Do you think you can win?"

Glancing at the girl who eyed the opponent's movement along with me, I frowned.

She's underestimating me.

"Yes, I can. They're not yamanba, but I can do this."

When she looked up to see me, there was something akin to concern in her eyes.

She's definitely thinking I couldn't handle this.

"Godspeed."



Yamanba: A youkai living in the mountain, appearing in the shape of an old woman and said to eat humans that enter her territory. Yamanbagiri literally means 'mountain witch cutter'.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scrapped: EC-8

Scrapped: Raijin no Keifu

Konstelasi: Sagittarius