こういうかんけい 0

Perhaps it was due to the fact that centuries had went by since the last time I entered a battlefield.

Or it was due to this new form I attained.

Or I had simply underestimated my enemies because, regardless of the menacing appearance, they are mere tantou.

"Yamanba-kun! Watch out!"

The warning had came too late.

When her voice had reached my ears, my enemy had swung its blade, aiming for my arm. I only have enough time to break away from a stale duel with the first tantou and move away to avoid the second's attack. And even then I still received injury on my shoulder.

"Kh-..."

Grinding my teeth, I ignored the wound and swung at the one that injured me. It got pushed away a bit and seemed to be taking its time to recover its stance. I thought of it as a chance and intended to finish it off, only to notice a high-pitched shriek from another direction.

The other tantou that I neglected had decided to aim for her.

That's why I told her to hide!

A bit of a distance from me, she stood trembling with mouth gaping like a fish ridden of its precious water.

But it was natural.

She wasn't a warrior, and this should be the first time in her whole life witnessing what a real battle is like.

She should've just drawn away the mamorigatana that she had on her and try to repel the enemy coming for her, even though it might be futile since the best she could do is swinging it randomly in front of her. At least she could stall it for awhile, until I finished the one in front of me and get to her.

Alas, no. She was struck with panic that her reflex made her shield herself only with her arms.

What a useless master.



Tantou: A short blade, dagger.
Mamorigatana: A tantou more often used as talisman or emergency weapon for children and women.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scrapped: EC-8

Scrapped: Raijin no Keifu

Konstelasi: Sagittarius