Shiawase no Katachi 2

It'll be lonely, he said.

Though he might meant that he will feel lonely, I feel that he's also implying that I will also feel lonely if we can't see each other as often as we usually do.

I would never say it to him, but he might be right.

.
.
.

"Eh?"

From the corner of my eyes, I could see Haru, whose desk was right beside mine, stopped moving altogether while in the middle of getting the books needed for our next lesson: Chemistry. When I turned to look at his expression, he was frowning deeply as if thinking hard about something.

The reason was most likely because of whatever it was currently displayed on his phone screen. I heard its familiar mechanical bird chirp sound earlier, which is the tone he set for incoming messages. So it's only natural to think that he got startled because of whatever message was sent to him.

I didn't have to ask, because soon enough he put his cellphone back into his blazer's pocket and told me, "Hajime, I got called to attend something at the Student Council Room. Sorry, but can I have you take my books together with you to the lab?"

"Got it. But, so suddenly? What happened?"

"I'm not sure either, but it sounds urgent. I guess I'll just see."

"... I see. Work hard, Mr. Staff Officer."

Haru responded to my teasing with a light laughter, as he usually would, and cut our conversation with, "Thanks, I'll be going then~" before hurriedly leaving the class.

I watched his back until it was completely out of my sight before heaving a small sigh and took his books and pencil case. But just as I was about to head out for the laboratory, some of my classmates approached me.

"Mutsuki-kun, I saw Yayoi-kun leaving in a hurry. Is he going to come late for the next lesson?" One of them asked, walking a little behind me.

"Yeah, some urgent Student Council business, apparently."

"I see! Ah, those are Yayoi-kun's right? Let me carry it for you!"

"... There's no need for that. They're just some books."

They were trying to but me, but I just ignored them as I keep walking.

I really don't like it when they started treating me like this. 'Leader of the Alphas'... what a stupid title. Just because of I'm a member of the Mutsuki family, they quickly assumed that I am an Alpha (which isn't wrong, but it was confirmed only after the examination held on my last year in middle school) and saw me as a some sort of figure to respect and serve. I personally don't think I did anything to deserve their loyalty or service, so it's making me feel uncomfortable.

But I guess this is better than when I just started in middle school. Back then, the students around me were much more reserved when they tried to interact with me. Sometimes it was as if they were afraid that if they do the smallest mistake, I would do something that can end their life.

Then I befriended Haru.

He was only being careful at first, and it didn't take much time until he talked to me casually, just like how he did to his other friends. Starting from that, others who watched us interacted seemed to gather their courage and began talking to me as well. Though, unlike Haru, they never get past that certain wall.

I heaved a small sigh once I reached my seat in the lab. Placing Haru's belongings on the chair next to mine to mean that the seat is reserved, I then rested my chin on one hand. The guys that had followed me earlier had also sit down on chairs available, finally giving me some space alone.

"..."

There were still a few minutes before the bell rang and the lesson start, but somehow I feel too restless to wait for it. Leaving my seat, I thought of washing my face in the toilet and let one of the classmates that sat next to the lab's door about it, just in case the teacher came before I return. The closest toilet in that corridor was quite far from the Chemistry Lab after all. It was also the most quiet toilet of all because people rarely visit it due to its distance with other rooms. I thought I would be able to relax a bit in there before returning and sitting through the class.

Entering the room, I intended to go straight to where the handwash faucets are, but found myself stopped walking when I saw someone is actually in there.

"... Mutsuki...?"

I recognized him as one of Haru's seniors in the Student Council, holding the position of Treasurer within the body. He looked so shocked to see me here, but in all honesty, I think I should be the one who is surprised. Haru got called to attend something in the Council's room, so I thought the other members would also be there, so why is he here? While wondering about that, I noticed that he doesn't look well; his face was all flushed and his breaths a bit ragged. He was also gripping onto the faucet tightly, almost looks like using it to support himself to keep standing straight.

"... Mutsuki... why are you, here...?"

"... I can ask the same to you, Senpai. If you don't feel well, you should've go to the school infirmary."

"... Infir... mary?" He repeated the word as if it's an unfamiliar term for him. It seemed for some reason his brain was processing it rather slowly, and once he managed to understand what I was talking about, he smiled. "... Ah, yes... infirmary..."

Something's wrong with that smile. Or with him as a whole. He let go of his grip on the faucet and turned to face me properly, with that smile still hanging on his lips, and started approaching me. I tried to back away, but suddenly he had grabbed my arm, holding me still as he close the distance between us more and more.

"Shall we, go...? Their bed is... comfortable..."

"... Huh?"

What is he talking about?

I know that it's comfortable; I once faked my condition to be allowed to rest in there, and ended up getting scolded by Haru who found out about it later. But that's not what I wanted to say. He should also know that the lunch break will end soon and classes would start again. Is he asking me to ditch my class together with him?

"Sen-"

Just as I opened my mouth to ask him, I felt him letting my arm go, but as an exchange, he now wrapped his arms around me. I immediately stiffened, not only because I wasn't expecting this turn of event, but also because I smelled a strange scent emanated from him. I thought it was the cologne he's wearing, but when I realized that my body grew hot after inhaling more of it, and together with what he said afterward, I realized what it actually was.

"Hey, Mutsuki... you're... an Alpha, right?"

He whispered right next to my ear and I found myself shivering.

"You... don't have an Omega yet, do you...? Wanna do it with me...? Sex, that is."

What is he saying!?

In the first place, this is a school. A public place. There's no way that I would do it here. And more importantly, isn't it normal knowledge for one to have sex only with the one they love? I don't have that sort of feelings for him, so I can't possibly engage in any sexual act with him!

... But, even though my conscience says so, my instinct as an Alpha says otherwise. It's telling me to jump into his invitation. It doesn't need to wait until we reach the infirmary or somewhere far more appropriate either. Here is fine, as long as this strange yearning and excitement to plant my seeds can be satisfied――

"Hajime!?"

My hands, who had started slipping around the Omega's back out of my will, came to a halt as soon as that voice reached my ears. Before I could turn my head, though, I already found someone forcefully pried me away from the senior and shoved me against someone else. Against Haru.

.
.
.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scrapped: EC-8

Scrapped: Raijin no Keifu

Konstelasi: Sagittarius