After Story of the First Season of "Food Star!"

"After Story of "Food Star!"

< Character Introduction >

Master Attendant……the head of Guild of Chefs's Gloriville Branch.
Double Ice……a rare Food Soul that manifested as a pair of twins, hailing from Nevras. They're very attached to Vodka, who came from the same area, and treat her like their older sister.
Vodka……a stubborn Food Soul who loves drinking alcohols and known to have a bad drinking habit. She's always accompanied by Andre, her partner.
Cafe waitress……a waitress for a cafe in Light Kingdom.
Vodka's fan……a student who attends the Magic Academy in Nevras and is a fan of Vodka. Came to Light Kingdom for a vacation.
Peking Duck……the manager of Bamboo Mist Pawn Shop located in Light Kingdom. But underneath, he's actually a member of an organization that excels in gathering information.
Plum Juice……a member of Bamboo Mist Pawn Shop located in Light Kingdom. But underneath, he's actually the leader of an organization that excels in gathering information.
Yuxiang……a member of Bamboo Mist Pawn Shop located in Light Kingdom. But underneath, she's actually a member of an organization that excels in gathering information.
Hawthorne Ball……a member of Bamboo Mist Pawn Shop located in Light Kingdom. She usually also helps out in the restaurant managed by the head of Guild of Chefs's Gloriville Branch.
Pancake……a member of Bamboo Mist Pawn Shop located in Light Kingdom. He usually also helps out in the restaurant managed by the head of Guild of Chefs's Gloriville Branch.
Bamboo Rice……a member of Bamboo Mist Pawn Shop located in Light Kingdom. But underneath, he's actually a member of an organization that excels in gathering information.
Staff A……one of the staffs of "Food Star!", the event where Jello and Mango Pudding works as its MCs.

***

< Act 1 >



――Spring Day 15, a restaurant in Light Kingdom.

A week had passed ever since the announcement of the First Season of "Food Star!"'s voting result.

Cafe Server
「Who would've thought that Boston Lobster would triumph over Double Scoop's vote counts……」

Vodka's Fan
「Vodka didn't participate after all, so I'd say it's pretty understandable」

The young man, who proclaimed himself to be Vodka's fan, scoffed and discontentedly arched his back.

He's a student who attended the Magic Academy in Nevras. Apparently he thought that Vodka will win the contest, so he came all the way from Nevras to here, Light Kingdom, and at the same time taking the opportunity to have a vacation.

Vodka's Fan
「Seriously! Even though I took a break from school to come all the way here! I really can't accept this kind of result!」

He thought that it's natural for Vodka to win the contest. But, the end result said otherwise. It seemed he'd never even imagined that Boston Lobster and Double Scoop would end up being the two finalists.

Vodka's Fan
「In the first place, why would those two end up being the finalists? They're both so polar opposite! They should've picked a more reasonable choices, people who are good match against each other!」

Cafe Server
After exchanging contacts with said Vodka's Fanboy, she kind of regretted it because every time they talked he would display his vast knowledge about his idol. However, for her, who spend most of her days working in the cafe, meeting and mingling with someone of the opposite gender like this is a rare chance.

So, when he, who has to go back to Nevras today, invited her to have some tea, she decided that she'll see him for the last time before going to work.

Cafe Server
(I still don't know much about idol and stuffs, but……)

She, who had become a bit more knowledgeable about Food Souls thanks to the mails he exchanged with Vodka's Fanboy, then said after thinking about it long and hard.

Cafe Server
「So for example…… Peking Duck and Boston Lobster?」

Vodka's Fan
「Right. They have a reputation for being rivals. If it's them, surely the contest would become a little more interesting.」

The young man's eyes glinted as he pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose.

Vodka's Fan
「…… but, well, in the end, if Vodka doesn't get to participate, no matter who end up being the finalists, I will still think that it's a boring contest.」

The young man deliberately heaved out a long sigh and shook his head.

Vodka's Fan
「Besides, this is just my guess, but... I think the whole contest is just a set up.」

Cafe Server
「What do you mean……?」

Vodka's Fan
「I mean that they tampered with the voting results!」

Cafe Server
「Eeh!? Is that so!?」

Vodka's Fan
「Of course it's just my speculation. But often times, some kind of tampering are done to that kind of voting system.」

The young man said it all while staring straight at the girl in front him. Seeing him looking so confident, she ended up thinking that there might really be some kind of tampering done to the votes.

Vodka's Fan
「But, well, nothing will change even if I keep complaining about it, since the contest is over now. So I'll just look positively toward the next contest.」

Cafe Server
「The next contest…… you mean, a second season?」

Vodka's Fan
「Yes! And so, I have a small request to ask of you! In the second season of "Food Star!", won't you please vote for Vodka!?」

Cafe Server
「E…… eeh!?」

Vodka's Fan
The young man's chair made a noisy clatter as he got up suddenly and grabbed hold of the girl's hands.

Vodka's Fan
「Please…… please give Vodka your vote! She's someone worthy to stand victorious at the contest! Please! I will be very grateful if you do!!」

Cafe Server
「W, well……」

Although surprised by the sudden contact, she still managed to look up at the young man.

Cafe Server
「Uhm, but I don't know when the second season will start……」

Vodka's Fan
「Don't worry! When the time comes, I'll make sure to contact you. The voting system might be a little complicated, but I'll be sure to teach you how to do it.」

Cafe Server
「T, thank you……」

Maybe because he'd said everything he wanted to say, the young man finally seemed to calm down.

Vodka's Fan
「Phew, now I've fulfilled all of my duties here…… ah-!?」

Cafe Server
「W, what's wrong?」

Suddenly the young man let out a squeak and began trembling.

Vodka's Fan
「T, that's…… Vodka!?」

Cafe Server
「Eh?」

At his words, she turned her head and looked at the direction that he was staring at.

Vodka's Fan
「There's no mistaking it. That beautiful silver hair, her expression that seemed to conceal sorrow within…… the melancholic look in her eyes! The perfect woman that no one can possible compare with!!」

Although she felt a little creeped out by his description, the girl stayed quiet as she listened on.

Vodka's Fan
「W, why is she here……!? She supposedly isn't the kind of woman who would come to such an ordinary cafe…… t, that's, Double Scoop!!」

Cafe Server
「Oh my.」

Double Scoop, who entered together with Vodka, talked up to her with a smile on their face.

Double Scoop
Strawberry「Did you know, Vodka? The Mango Smoothie here is very tasty.」

Double Scoop
Vanilla「But, can you drink smoothie, Vodka?」

Double Scoop
Strawberry「Vanilla…… it's not like Vodka can only drink alcohols, you know.」

Strawberry rolled his eyes as he chided his brother.

Double Scoop
Vanilla「Is that so? Then that's good! Let's have some together!」

Vodka
「I think I'll order some takoyaki too.」

The sight seemed to have taken the breath away from Vodka's Fanboy, who had been quietly watching over the group.

Vodka's Fan
「She's the real Vodka.」

Cafe Server
「Was there something in their conversation just now that lead you to the conclusion?」

The girl asked because she found it strange, but then the young man had a smug look on his face.

Vodka's Fan
「Yes. Vodka and Double Scoop knew each other. Just like me, they were from Nevras! And also…… it's said that the Double Scoop twins like Vodka as if she's their real older sister. Gosh, I'm so jealous of them――」

The young man cleared his throat and let out a deep sigh.

Vodka's Fan
「Also, she said that she'll also order some 'Takoyaki'! Do you know? Takoyaki is Vodka's favorite food……!」

The young man's eyes gleamed, as if he feels very touched. The girl actually doesn't really understand why would he feel so happy like that, but thinking that it's because he likes his idol so much, she watched his reactions with a smile on her lips.

Cafe Server
「Then, as Vodka's fan, you must feel very lucky, to be able to meet with her in a place like this. How about you go and greet her?」

Vodka's Fan
「――Eh?」

Cafe Server
「Eh?」

The young man suddenly stiffened and looked at the girl with shock apparent on his face.

Cafe Server
(Did I say something weird?)

Vodka's Fan
「What a fearsome thing to suggest…… to enter her line of view! That's something that shouldn't happen!」

Cafe Server
「I, is that so?」

The girl looked confused as she doesn't understand what he meant.

Vodka's Fan
「It is so. She's beautiful even though she's just existing…… the only thing that I can do is watching her from afar like this…… under normal circumstances, I shouldn't be able to watch her from this close of a distance, you know!」

Cafe Server
「I, is that so……」

If he decided to live his life according to that kind of philosophy, then she won't have anything to say about it.

Cafe Server
(So this is what a "fan of an idol" is like.)

Vodka's Fan
「…… But, well, it's actually just too early to make such bold moves. I will gain fame and become someone worthy for Vodka. When that time comes…… a "bond" shall form between the two of us!」

He claimed so while proudly patting his own chest.

Vodka's Fan
「I'm still worthy enough to reveal myself in front of her. So I will continue my studies and researches…… and when I'm done with all of that, I'll appear before her as a "Master Attendant"!」

Seeing him making such confident declarations, she felt a little moved.

Cafe Server
「I, I see. Do your best.」

I don't really get it, but he actually wants to become a Master Attendant, huh?――The girl was under the impression that he wanted to become a scholar or something similar, because he attended the Magic Academy……

Cafe Server
(Well, there are many kind of Master Attendant out there. But it's a dangerous occupation, right?)

Too bad, it seems our relationship can't develop into a romance... the girl thought, a little disappointed.

Vodka's Fan
「So then, I'll be returning home now. I'm still a student who have a lot to learn, so I can't come here often, but when the time comes for them to hold the second season of "Food Star!", I hope you can cheer for Vodka along with me!」

Adieu!, the young man said cheerfully before leaving the cafe.

Afterwards, the girl stood up. Her break time will be over soon. Wearing a bandana over her head, she then went to stand behind the counter.

Double Scoop
Vanilla「Ah, long time no see~! Ehehe, we came to eat here again~!」

Double Scoop
Strawberry「He thinks the Mango Smoothie here taste exceptional. Well, I agree with him, though.」

Vodka
「Two Mango Smoothies, and one takoyaki, please.」

Vodka took out her wallet as she made the order.

Double Scoop
Vanilla「We'll pay for the foods, Vodka!」

Vodka
「It's okay. Let me pay this one.」

Double Scoop
Strawberry「No, really, leave it to us. We got paid for appearing in the first season of "Food Star!" that was held sometime ago, so.」

Vodka
「Hee…… the show that you both participated in some days ago, right? So you got paid for participating?」

Double Scoop
Strawberry「Yeah. You should ask for payment too if they asked you to participate, Vodka. Us Food Souls don't really have anything to gain from shows like that, after all.」

Strawberry cynically said as he lightly shrugged.

Vodka
「True. But, I won't participate. I won't be able to get into the finals anyway. Don't you think so, Andre?」

At her words, Andre, who perched on her shoulder, let out a soft cry.

Cafe Server
「I'll accept these money then. Here's your change.」

With a smile on her mien, the girl gave the changes to Strawberry.

Cafe Server
「Miss Vodka, we still don't know what'll happen in the second season of "Food Star!" though.」

Vodka
「Hm? What do you mean?」

Vodka tilted her head in confusion.

Cafe Server
「Miss Vodka has a lot of fervent admirers. I'm also planning to cast an honest vote for you.」

Vodka
「Cast an honest vote, you say…… uukh, stop it~! I'm not interested in shows that use voting system like that!」

Vodka's shoulders dropped sluggishly. She then continued with a bitter laugh, if I have time to appear in that kind of show, I'd rather spend it by drinking alcohols.

Cafe Server
「Of course, since it uses voting system, no one can know the result for sure. Besides, shows like that often have people "tampering" with it.」

The girl responded with a smug look on her. If the second season is being held for real, it might turn out to be quite interesting in its own way. She might be able to see that young man again and Vodka might be able to get into the finals. You're popular, after all!――the girl pointed out, with grin plastered on her face.





***



< Act 2 >



―― Azure Skies 2, Restaurant (Guild of Chefs, Gloriville Branch).

Two weeks had passed ever since the announcement of the First Season of "Food Star!"'s voting result.

Staff A
「Well, well, Mr. Peking! Thank you very much for your help! Thanks to you, the show was a big success!」

Peking Duck
「Oh, please…… don't mention it. I did nothing worthy of the praise.」

Staff A
「Oh, of course you did! You're working behind its scene, Mr. Peking! It's precisely because of you that the first season was able to become such a big success!」

Peking Duck
「But Mr. Boston Lobster participating in the final is due to your ability. Precisely because you were able to hook him to appear in that kind of show, that we were able to see such a disparity in the voting counts. Although it makes me pity his contender a little.」

Staff A
「Really, how can the difference got so big…… I myself find it to be quite strange. Actually, the vote choices were just the same as the one that was held in a different place. I guess we can call it the zeroth season……?」

Staff A
「Yes, I've heard about it. In the result of that one, Double Scoop was the one who came out victorious.」

「This time around, we wanted to hold it as 『Boston Lobster VS Peking Duck』. We thought it'll interest the Master Attendants more, but……」

Peking Duck
「Hmf…… unfortunately, I couldn't win in the semi-final.」

Staff A
「No, well, it's true that a surprising amount of vote was cast on Mr. Boston Lobster. Then, during the intermediate announcement of the semifinal, Mr. Peking came in the second place while Double Scoop twins came in third. But afterwards the Double Scoop suddenly gained an overwhelming amount of vote…… it makes us thinking that someone might've manipulated the voting counts――really, what a curious phenomenon.」

Peking Duck
「Well, well. That's interesting. However, if the voting was truly manipulated and my rank was lowered as a result, it would mean that my honor was protected.」

Staff A
「W, well! It means we have to re-think the voting system for the next one. Us staffs will give it our all so that we can make the 『Boston Lobster VS Peking Duck』 comes true!」

Peking Duck
「No, no, I am not worthy to stand on such a competitive stage. Thus I shall pray so that I won't have to be set against him for the next season too.」

Both the "Food Star!"'s staff and Peking Duck then let out a pleasant laugh. Meanwhile, Bamboo Rice was grimacing as he watching the two from the seats behind them.

Bamboo Rice
「Yeah, right…… really, Mr. Peking is so manipulative.」

Yuxiang
「Ssh, Bamboo Rice. They'll hear you.」

Bamboo Rice
「But it's true, right? Just how many postcards did you think I write till late at night? Who's the idiot who decided to use use postcards for popularity vote nowadays? It's so outdated, I even cursed the "Food Star!"'s staffs for it.」

Plum Juice
「…… Well, but still, we have to remain inconspicuous. That's how an informant should be.」

Pancake
「What are you talking about? Mr. Peking loves standing out though. When push comes to shove, he always get to the front line right away.

Bamboo Rice
「Oh, Pancake! I'll have another helping of this!」

Pancake
「You're such a fast eater, huh, Bamboo Rice. Didn't I just serve that out a minute ago?」


「I'm super hungry right now! Hawthorne Ball, get me the super extra serving!」

Bamboo Rice laughed as he shoved his plate toward Hawthorne Ball, who is preparing foods in the kitchen.

Hawthorne Ball
「Aye, sir~! Super extra serving, coming up~!」

Hawthorne Ball answered him all while handling the wok in her hand. Pancake took Bamboo Rice's plate and headed to the kitchen.

Meanwhile, Peking Duck listened to his subordinates' conversation while rocking his smoking pipe lightly.

Peking Duck
「In any case, next time, it'll be better to not use postcards as a mean to cast a vote.」

Staff A
「Right! We do plan to make it so that next time the fans can have an easier time cheering and voting for their idol! If we don't, the second season might see some disputes…… we did receive quite harsh opinions from the fans after all.」

The staff let out a small groan as he shook his head.

Staff A
「But, whatever the case, information is still absolutely essential! I hope we can keep up this good relationship, Mr. Duck!」

The staff smiled pleasantly.

Peking Duck
「We'll have to make the 『Boston Lobster VS Peking Duck』 come true! I'll count on you, Mr. Peking. Let us together create a show that the fans can enjoy !」

Peking Duck
「…… Yes, hopefully the day will ever come.」

Peking Duck whispered quietly.

Peking Duck
「The harsh battle against Fallen Angels will still continue. If this show can give people a temporary relief from such strenuous days, then I would love to participate in it.」

Staff A
「Of course! We will continue developing the plans so the show can bring such entertainment to people! I'm looking forward to working with you again, Mr. Peking!」

The staff offered a hand shake to Peking Duck. Seeing the determination in his visage, Peking Duck gave a little nod.

Peking Duck
「Yes, if there's anything that I can help you with, please contact me.」

As he said that, Peking Duck gave the staff's plump hand a firm shake.

Peking Duck
(Next time…… who should I set up to compete against each other? At the very least, this time it didn't go very well. I should think up something that people can enjoy much more than this.)

In his head, Peking Duck had began scheming for the second season of the show.


【FIN】

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scrapped: EC-8

Scrapped: Raijin no Keifu

Konstelasi: Sagittarius